Friday, December 25, 2009

Be Tender As Mary


And wail like a baby

And sail through the storm

Be tender as Mary

With her newborn son

Words by Carly Simon
The Land of Christmas (Mary)


Drawing - pen, 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
A mother's tenderness at the birth of new Life - it's the only thing that makes sense to me this holiday. Although...I did love watching my nephew play with PlayDoh, laughing with my family, walking in the cold night to midnight mass with my mom, and holding my step-grandpa's shaky hand during prayer. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. christmas is like a pointillist painting . . .up close it's beautiful but unrecognizable dots of colour. step back and the dots connect and then blur and form the whole. if the whole looks like the collective sense of beautiful moments you've experienced then lucky you!!!! have a sweet day enjoying your chloe girl! steven

    ReplyDelete