Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tender Face of Mystery


Bring me the tender face of mystery
as I shop in the aisle
of the broken hearted

Turn me upside down
Deepen the nest in my soul
Stretch the branch of love
so this wee bird may perch

Bring me young leaves to soften the blow,
to pad my landing as I jump
from the cliff into the abyss
where dreams come true

Artwork - pen, 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Drawn last night along with the art from yesterday's post.
Life is Beautiful. Life is heartbreaking. All the more reason to sit by the window and pause. All the more reason to enjoy some real maple syrup...and lick every last bit off the plate. Yes, I admit; I will do that for real maple syrup.


4 comments:

  1. your writing combined with your art work, just beautiful;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many emotions I feel when seeing this, reading this...an overwhelming flood of vastness...overwhelming flood of overwhelming in the grandest most extraordinary way.

    Thank you for giving yourself to this work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, once again you are able to capture something special. I'm can't put my finger on it but there is something always intriguing or maybe familiar about your art. Like a dream once had, but not quite remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven, Jennifer and Steve...thank you all very much!

    ReplyDelete