Monday, February 15, 2010

Hafiz, A Sketch & Coloring Shared


Plant so that
your own heart
will grow.

Love so God will think,

"Ahhhhh, I got kin in that body.
I should start inviting that soul
over for coffee and rolls."

Sing
Because this is a food
Our starving world needs.

Laugh,
because that is
the purest sound.

-Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky


Drawing - pencil sketch drawn Saturday afternoon.
To my mama who reads, I say, "Look Mom, arms!!"
The Joy of Coloring continues...please click HERE to see what filled and warmed my heart yesterday!! The coloring page I shared was shared even further. I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! As spring approaches here in the land of snow this reading is a good metaphor for the work in the gardens. I think i will copy it on to a piece of paper to stick in my book of prayers I drag around the farm with me.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny such a cool link to the sunday school class!!! i'm loving the hafiz you're sharing, so much of it is new to me!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...the poetry (which is new to me) the drawing (which is always so cool) and the link to the coloring.

    ReplyDelete