Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Drawing & Hafiz


My heart is an unset jewel
Upon the tender night
Yearing for its dear old friend, the Moon.

When the Nameless One debuts again
Ten thousands facets of my being unfurl wings
And reveal such a radiance inside
I enter a realm divine--
I too begin to so sweetly cast light,
Like a lamp through the streets of this World.

My heart is an unset jewel
Upon existence
Waiting for the Friend's touch.

Tonight
My heart is an unset ruby
Offered bowed and weeping to the Sky.

I am dying in these cold hours
For the resplendent glance of God.

I am dying because of divine remembrance
of who I really am.

Hafiz, tonight your soul is
a brilliant reed instrument
in need of the breath
of the Christ.

-Hafiz

3 comments:

  1. 'tonight your soul is
    a brilliant reed instrument
    in need of the breath
    of the Christ.'

    'gah!
    a woodwinded pipe, a plucky lil' lute,
    a percussive skin from which to shoot
    a low toned hum a high strung strum
    play thru me Christ
    a rhum pum pum....

    save that one for me k?
    atb

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny "such a radiance inside". a beautiful soft drawing with soft words from hafiz to carry us deeper. steven

    ReplyDelete