Thursday, August 5, 2010

Moving Forward




















I laugh!
Most of my life I have been a procrastinating perfectionist.
"If it's not gonna be perfect, than why start?"
That is...
until recently...
deciding to face this block, slowly but surely.

To postpone my dream no longer

But to do at last what I came here for


And waste my heart on fear no more.


-John O'Donohue


Several months ago I got the entire poem from Dan of A Mindful Heart.
The poem is taped by my bathroom sink and I stare at it daily.
But it is the last stanza that I reread several times.

Baby steps.
Small reasonable goals.
Lots of laughter.
Discovery.
Tears too.

But I am moving toward my goal!
Although a work in progress I am getting closer.
See it HERE!

May I be willing to fail...and flail.
May I be willing to succeed.

Thank you to all who shared kind compliments on the new look of my blog!
I greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. I got my package! woo hooo! I was going to save it for a wintery day but I don't think I will be able to stop myself. Thanks to you and Todd both, it is a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny! How exciting. I just saw the Etsy site. I have 2 friends on Etsy, Tara Fly and Jessica Doyle. If you need any tips they are wonderful women. They both have blogs and they advertise their art on their blogs as well. I can give you the url's. Beautiful poem by Donohue. I love him. He was a favorite of David Whyte's, my guru. Your blog looks beyond fabulous! Please stop by my post for tonight for haiku my heart fridays. I posted a lullabye for you since you have had trouble sleeping. I thought of you when I found it. The picture is lovely too.
    Peace and Light,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete