Monday, July 26, 2010

Sightless Bird
























My eyes were open to see the bird who couldn't.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

around the bend
is the grounded bird

over the hill
is a clearing to see

below the story
is the quiet waiting

across the desert
is the admiring yellow

be still, my friend...
the Yours is Ours
Loving all

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Coloring Page - Yesterday, while shaking my rugs out over the railing of my second story balcony, I noticed a brown bird sitting on the sidewalk. When I took the trash out he was still there. It was then I noticed what kept him grounded. 'Twas his wounded eyes: abscessed, swollen and oozing...completely sightless.
It broke my heart.
I wanted to make him better but I feared touching him.
A wee bit later he made it to the grass and that was the last I saw of him.

1 comment: