Thursday, January 27, 2011

Drawing Fun










































Carla Sonheim wrote a wonderful book with easy and fun drawing exercises.
On page 64 is a delightful exercise: Modigliani Parent Portraits.
The drawing is my dad as I remember him when I was little.

Last week while visiting my DearHeart (we are in different states) we kept ourselves amused with Carla's book. The newly purchased pack of colored Shapries is what inspired my coloring.

Click HERE to see my self portrait at my other blog!

Also...my blogging/airport friend, Jean, is having a generous giveaway for her one year blogversary. Check it our HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with lines in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha : )
    Modigliani is one of my favorites. I remember discovering his stuff when I was in AP art & we had to research art history. It was so much more interesting that 1000's of years of European artist's attempts at realism portraits.

    ReplyDelete